Cherry Blossom Festival 2019 // Auburn, Sydney


At first I wasn't too keen to go to this Cherry Blossom festival as my first time going; lines for food were really long and there wasn't much blossom to see - you can see my old post here

This time round, I think the event got bigger yet better at the same time. The layout of the event was better, a large variety of food trucks and more blossoms to see which helped ease the crowding around one particular area.

Situated in suburban Sydney at Auburn, this is an annual event held at Auburn Botanic Gardens where entry for non-residents is $5.

We got to the event by car which is around 25 minutes from where I live but you can check out public transport options as a lot of people get public transport there.

Below are some photos I took from the day and general thoughts about the event ~~


My friend Shirley is clearly really excited about food!
Be prepared to bring a friend or some family to help you with the portion sizes and let you try things! This stroop waffel was an amazing thing I do not regret trying. Made freshly in front of you, the syrupy centre is warm and a light kind of sweetness. Highly recommend trying this if you haven't had stroop waffel before!


Standard chips but with very saucy pulled pork on top. Was quite nice as a savoury break from the stroop waffel but is a little bit salty due to the sauce.









One of the highlights of the event - costume Gudetama had me feeling like a kid again.


Bringing in the Nostalgia was meeting costume Hello Kitty too!


Then we finished off the event with grabbing limited edition White Rabbit soft serve at Black Ball in Hurstville.



Do I think going to the event is worth it? Overall, I think it's a nice event to go to. You may get frustrated with the crowd, you may not. Because it is an annual event, it's a nice break away from your standard brunch/dinner or coffee dates and is a great place to be a photographer for the day.

Thanks for reading! Bye for now :)

Tina

x




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.