GoPro Hero 4 Silver // First Impressions + Review


Info: https://shop.gopro.com/APAC/refurbished/refurbished-hero4-silver/CHDNH-B10.html


So today I got a Hero 4 Silver Edition! On first glance, this pocket-sized (41x59x30mm) action camera is light, easy to charge and is highly user friendly with its built-in touch screen.


What's Included



The box includes: 1 x product and safety booklet, 1 x set of GoPro stickers 1 x user manual and 1 x quick start guide to get you started


Included accessories: 2 x stickable mounts, 1 x rechargeable battery, 1 x charging cable 1 x housing + backplates (each have different purposes e.g. waterproof) and tbh I have no idea what those extra oddly shaped black accessories are pictured above.



A picture showing just how mini the battery pack is. 



Camera Quality



The photo above, taken at the same angle and device-positioning both look completely different as GoPros are adjusted to take the "bigger picture" and a wider angle (although this can be adjusted to a medium angle). I also noticed that GoPros don't allow zooming in but there's a method to get around this. 


Zooming into both pictures to get identical images of the clock sees these results. Without any filter or any edits, the iPhone camera here is the winner for resolution.


The GoPro App




And ofcourse, GoPro have compensated for the tiny touch screen by allowing you to connect your camera to a smartphone device so you can view what you're taking photos of or filming. I also notice a "find your gopro" feature which enables your GoPro to beep when you can't find the tiny thing. 

From a little bit of an inspection and research here are a few pros and cons of the GoPro...

Pros:
    - beautiful matte, lightweight design
    - ability to use underwater (however the touch screen doesn't work when you go too deep into the water)
    - really fun to use especially with the mini touchscreen 
    - plenty of settings to get your desired shot
    - there's timelapse
    - the exclusivity of GoPro shots due to its wide angle. Not to mention, you can do things like this:





Cons:
    - there's a small flap covering the SD card/cables slot and this is fully detachable so it's easy to lose (I've seen people selling their GoPros online without the flap
    - official accessories that come with it, especially the gimbal (to stabilise filming) cost about as much as the device itself
    - as far as I've tested, the resolution can get blurry if you don't keep the camera really still

Verdict: Yes, this device is quite fun to have. Arguably only fun if you like to go out to photograph the sunrise or do adventurous things where there's pretty scenery. This is part of the reason why some people buy a GoPro in the first place...

   "I bought it to use to a trip to Thailand however I don't use it anymore" - seller of a second hand GoPro on Gumtree.

  There's quite a fair bit to learn if you want to get the best of this device so it's for people who like to experiment with different angles and filters.

Side Note: My test was indoors and the picture was only take without and adjusting of settings. I guess the more you learn about the settings, the better your photos could be.

x




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.