Bourjois Rouge Lacque 01 Maje's Pink

Bourjois Rouge Lacque in Maje's Pink shade 01
Where I used to work, I noticed a lot of people quite liked Bourjois Velvets as they were matte and next to this was the Lacque range. 

Bourjois Healthy Foundation is my go-to everyday foundation so I wanted to try a lip product. I also remembered owning Bourjois gloss which I felt was really good. I quite liked the small size of this - I guess you can call a lacquer. I also picked this pink-y shade as I seem to lack any everyday wearable pink lip products. Instead, mine tend to be more nude or red.




The product claims to be lightweight and non-sticky.
It also claims to have up to 16h wear - I feel like this would be possible if you didn't eat anything.




Above I swatched the lacquer on my lips. Pictures are unfiltered and quite representative of true colour. I was surprised to like the colour. Although, I did notice that the product scent is a little unpleasant. There is a layer of a fragrant-like smell which seems as if it was designed to cover the unpleasant smell but it still seeps through. When you accidentally lick your lips it tastes kind of soapy too.

I do think the product is lightweight and non-sticky though. Although the 'Shiny Finish' is not so shiny. I still love the finish of the lacquer, but to be called a lacquer is a little bit misleading as it leans towards a somewhat shiny velvet finish.




Unfiltered picture, a few hours later after eating dinner and ice-cream the lacquer has left a nice almost even tint on my lips.




Overall, I feel it's quite nice and although it's not what you may expect - the consistency is a nice, light slightly glossy tint. If you're looking for something not too drying which can brighten up your face but isn't too bright of a colour I would recommend this colour. Do however, note the strange smell and taste of the product which is a bit sad because I love Bourjois as a brand.

Thanks for reading! Bye for now :)

Tina


x


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.