Hold Your Lash Curl: Etude House Dr. Mascara Fixer


If you have naturally short and straight lashes, the scene of looking in the mirror after a night out and seeing mascara smudged underneath your eyes with flattened lashes may be all too familiar. I recently gave up on curling my lashes and resorted to eyelash extensions so I wouldn't have to worry about my curl falling. After almost 6 months of having eyelash extensions, I felt a lack of freedom with having extensions - not being able to cleanse eye makeup thoroughly, trying to sleep upright overnight, not rubbing my eyes when they got itchy.

Now, I have been leaving my eyes bare and testing different mascaras. After trying multiple products including eyelash serum, waterproof mascara and high-end eyelash curlers, it's safe to say that my eyelashes are the most stubborn ones anyone could have. I recently implemented Etude House's Dr Mascara Fixer in Super Longlash and is it worth the hype?

    It's safe to say, I do think this is worth the hype. 
There are 2 types of Coating Fixes.
      1. Super Longlash (Blue) - contains fibres
      2. Perfect Lash (Pink) - in this blog post





Above is the ingredients list obtained from Yesstyle.

Price:
Approximately $12 AUD 

Instructions:
Curl your lashes, apply the coating fix, apply mascara, apply the coating fix on top.



Packaging:
A few pros:

  • the wand applicator is very neat and sturdy to apply coats
  • the back of the tube has an expiry date so it's nice to know until when you can keep the product before opening
  • word printing on the tube seems to be scratch/fade resistant so you won't be stuck figuring out what product you used if you want to repurchase it
  • the tube itself is soft so it's different to the typical hard-tube you see on the market
The only con I can think of is that the lid of the mascara is rounded at the bottom so the product will not stand up. If you're a makeup vanity neat-freak like me, the only way the product can stand up is by putting it in an organiser.




The test:
I curled my lashes in the picture above. You can ignore the random lashes that go in different directions. I have layers of lashes so it's usually difficult for me to curl all my lashes unless I really take my time.

I used Canmake Flaring Curl Mascara underneath. The coat definitely did not leave a white film on top as I was worried it would. If anything, where I accidentally apply too much coat, I wipe a little bit off so a white film does not show.

As promised, the product makes your non-waterproof mascara waterproof.

At the end of the day, after shopping and heading home, there was no smudge, some lashes did flatten a little, but, my curl was still held. Although some lashes flatten and the look I get is not super dramatic and voluminous, it's reassuring to know I won't get panda eyes and that my eyes won't have unflattering thick but straight lashes.

This product seems to be a simple yet affordable way to hold your curl.



x





    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Powered by Blogger.